Sunday, Aug. 12 12-5, Beacon Sloop Club Corn Festival
Rain/shine Fresh picked, ready-to-eat local-grown sweet corn on the cob, cold drinks, and other summer treats. Fun for all ages, two solar music stages- Main Stage: April Mae and the June Bugs, Caroline Doctorow, Cosby Gibson, Hank Woji, Spook Handy, The Offshoots, and The Roadhouse Roosters. Children's Stage: Bindlestick Bill, Kazi Oliver, Lydia Adams Davis, Miss Vicki, Solar Sound, Steve Kirkman and Susan Wright, and The Quahog Quire. Environmental displays and activities for all ages. The sloop Woody Guthrie will give free public sails (weather permitting). Lots of craft and food vendors. First time Corn Bread Contest! The corn bread must be made from scratch with recipe. 1st place is $25. Cornbread must be enter at the Contest Tent before 2pm. Winner announce at 3pm. Pete & Toshi Riverfront Park, 1 Flynn Dr., Beacon, NY Interested in vending, firstname.lastname@example.org (845) 463-4660. Rain or Shine. Info: www.beaconsloopclub.org, Free Admission!
NEW at Corn Festival 2018 - Corn Bread Contest!!
Rules and Regulations
1. Anyone can enter. The only rule is the corn bread must be made from scratch.
2. Prize for first place is $25.
3. To enter, bring your cornbread to the Contest Tent before 2PM. Bring your cornbread on a dish or plate, along with a card with your name, phone number, and recipe. Besides the name of your recipe, please include the ingredients used. Attach the card to the plate. If you would like your plate returned, please note that on the card.
4. The judging will start about 2:15 and consider such aspects as taste, appearance, and texture.
5. Winners will be announced from the tent at 3:00
After more than 3 years of work the complete restoration of the Sloop Woody Guthrie is finally completed and we look forward to serving the public once again. We will once again provide free sailing on the Hudson River to people from all over the world. Please help support the mission that for so many of you has been a wonderful tradition. Click here to donate
The Beacon Sloop Club's pride & joy is the "WOODY GUTHRIE" , a wooden replica of a Hudson River Ferry Sloop. These boats, styled after Dutch designs, plied the Hudson throughout the 18th & 19th centuries.
Launched in 1978, her purpose is to promote the beauty and wonder of the Hudson River by offering free sails to the public and sail training to volunteers. Only by experiencing the power, serenity and sheer glory of this American treasure will we as a people be inspired to cherish and protect it, and thereby ourselves.
NY Times article on the BSC
Strawberry Festival Click here